8 Temmuz 2012 Pazar

Entry 5

To contact us Click HERE
Title:     Winding Roads
Genre:  Memoir

Before they labelled me Slaggy Aggie and Slit-Eyes, even before someone later dubbed me Sunshine, Mamma named me Silvija.  It's pronounced Sil-vee-ya.  My Mamma told me she wanted a beautiful name for a beautiful baby, that's why she chose it.  That was probably the only time Mamma ever used the world 'beautiful' in the same breath as my name.  Mamma believed that giving children praise encouraged vanity, and, since vanity in either a child or an adult was right at the top of her own personal list of heinous sins, it was to be avoided at all cost.
I believe the only reason she eventually told me she considered my name beautiful was because she got fed up with me coming home with my nose bloody, my hair in disarray and grimy tears drying on my face.
.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder